She's changed a little bit since turning one year old in August. She has four top teeth and almost four bottom teeth. Her hair is lighter in color, more blond, and alot longer. She has a twist of curl in the back too. She is walking like a champ and really likes to "chase" around the house. With just a little look of my eye I can start a "I'm gonna get you" game and it's off we go. She also loves to hide behind walls and pop out like she's surprising you.
She's eating a whole bunch of different foods and she seems to be over the "puree everything" phase. She really likes to feed herself, which is fine when we're home but not so easy when we go out to eat. Although going out to eat happens very rarely anyway. Lately I will chop up some pieces of apple and put them in a small wooden bowl. She will carry the bowl from the kitchen to the living room and sit there and eat her apple, when she wants more she hands me the bowl and smiles. We haven't mastered any words yet but I tell her to say "please" and she smiles big and tilts her head to the side. Works for me!
| mid-morning snack, apples |
| First Halloween! |
It'll be Christmas in less than two weeks. I am thrilled that we will be spending it with my family for the first time in three years. This will also be Samantha's first Christmas with my family and I know she is gonna have such a fun time with all her cousins. We will be making the long drive to Tulsa starting a week from now. We plan on staying overnight at the house in TN and making it a two day traveling event. Samantha does okay in the vehicle but this will be the longest drive to date. I think I'll need the most help, traveling in a car for 18+ hours with a young child is enough to make you pull your hair out. Oh well, it's all worth it in the end!
It's always worth it. As a parent you are constantly making sacrifices but when they squeeze your cheeks and rest their forehead on yours you can't imagine doing anything else. I guess most people call it "sacrifice" but it's really just the way it's suppose to be. Children teach you whats important in life and how to enjoy the true meaning of giving. Which is why Brent and I were thrilled when we found out that we are expecting our second child! As of right now I am over four months pregnant. We were definitely surprised by this pregnancy since it took us so long to get pregnant with Samantha. However, my body is healthier now and balanced hormonally, but I still didn't think it would happen that quickly. The children will be about 21 months apart. It's all very exciting but does put some pressure on our living situation. Questions need to be answered on whether will be sell Tennessee or not, find a permanent residence in North Carolina, or wait it out and see if Brent gets transferred again. Alot to worry about if I let it but I know it'll all work out, it always does!
Until next time . . . Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Y'all
No comments:
Post a Comment